WHAT WE BELIEVE
As a bible based Christian church we accept the bible as the only source for the authoritative rule of saving faith, knowledge and obedience.
Our basis of faith is outlined in the following summary of biblical doctrines.
- The verbal inspiration and the all and sole suffiency of the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments (consisting of 66 books) as originally given. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21)
- The trinity in Unity of God-Head, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- The essential deity and perfect humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ. (John 1:1 and 14; Phillipians 2:6-7)
- The personality of the Holy Spirit. (John 16:7-11; Acts 5:3-4)
- The depraved and fallen state of man. (Genesis 3:1-24;) Ephesians 2:1-2; Romans 1:18-32).
- The substitutionary sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 2:24)
- The justification of the sinner through faith in the Lord Jesus. (Romans 4:1-25; Ephesians 1:7-8)
- The personality of the devil. (Luke 4:1-13; John 8:44)
- The natural immortality of the soul. (Luke 16:19-31; Revelation 1:7-8)
- The second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (John 14:1-4; 1 Thess. 4:15-18)
- The resurrection of the body. (John 5:28-29; 1 Corinthians 15:35-38)
- The eternal security of the believer. (John 10:27-30; Romans 8:29-30)
- The conscious eternal punishment of those who die impenitent. (Luke 16:23-28; Matthew 25:31-46)
- The ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s supper: baptism being the immersion of believers on profession of their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and a symbol of their identification with Him in his death, burial and resurrection; the Lord’s supper being a remembrance of Christ until he comes and a renewal of commitment to Him. (Luke 22:14-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26; Romans 6:1-5)
- The responsibility of all saved souls to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope the glorious appearance of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ. (Titus 2:12; Colossians 3:1-17)
- The obligation to do good to all men as opportunity arises, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. (Galatians 6:10)